Friday, February 4, 2011

Entering the land of Blog....

Well I have finally entered the land of "blog". Here I hope to share some of my own creations and how I have gone about them, along with my journey from other workshops that I participate in. Possibly something you see on my blog may spark an idea for one of your own creations. I certainly hope so.

Even though I enjoy many forms of art and craft my passion for the last 11 years has been in decorative painting. I enjoy painting timber cutouts, canvas, journal pages, anything that stands still.

Here we have "The Boys". A fun piece to create, I even found myself talking to them as I painted away. (Not that they ever talked back)

I had purchased a single statue from the $2 shop and took several photos with my digital camera until I found the poses I liked best. Printed them out, taped them together and drew them up to fit the canvas I had in the cupboard. (guilty of having a huge stash of craft things) 

I have had friends say "I wish I could do that....... but I can't draw." Well yes you can do it. You don't even have to know how to draw. Why not take the photo of your selected ornament and lay some tracing paper over the top. Trace out the required detail and then increase the line drawing on a photo copier to the size of your canvas. You then have the correct size pattern and a reference piece. Use the colours of the ornament or be creative and change them to suit your own decor. Why not have ago you may amaze yourself.

3 comments:

  1. Hello Annie, fellow aussie.

    Nice to meet you. Thank you very much for you lovely comments on my blog. Good luck with my giveaway.

    I look forward to watching your creativeness hit the pages (ok, the screen) he he. I am now a follower.

    Kyles =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them to pieces!!! You´re so talented. I enjoyed reading about you and your art. I´ve become a follower too!!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Здравствуйте, Энни! рада была познакомиться, записаться на ваш сюрприз и приятно была удивлена Вашим письмом ко мне! Я вижу в вас очень жизнерадостного, позитивного человека, умеющего создавать красивые. радостные вещи. Буду с удовольствием следить за вашим творчеством. Удачи вашему блогу, вдохновения вам!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.