Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Make Over

I am a Mum of two teenagers, one boy and one girl and for years now I have got "Mum I am going to a party tomorrow and I need a present". I mostly love to make their gifts. But pressure.......come on.

I know what they are like and normally I am the last to know so I try to have a gift or two up my sleeve.  Ever prepared........if only in my dreams.

My son came to me last year and said "I need a gift for Courtney tomorrow, her favourite colour is orange.'' Orange wasn't a colour I had on hand so a make over was needed and quick. So from my shelf I pulled down a doll that holds bangles and necklaces. I had created them for the "Handmade"magazine who had published them. Perfect for a teenage girl.

The closest one to orange was the red one so I knew her hair and makeup would blend. So I then went digging through my crafting things looking for all thing Orange. I found some scrapbooking paper and some fantastic Deco Art Orange glitter, paints, flowers and punches and set to work designing as I went.

Sorry about the glare in the 1st photo.

All I can say is thank goodness for heatguns and hairdryers!!!



 

7 comments:

  1. This is such a great site! I like the way you set this up! Great content! Thanks for sharing this!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo! I love the hat you added and the butterflies and the quote! Hand made gifts are the best :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic gift Annie. I bet she was thrilled.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super cool!!! I bet the girls were stoked with these as pressies :) I would be. well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful work! I love it!
    Have a great creative week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those girls are very fun and perfect for a teenage girl.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.