Friday, January 27, 2012

I counted 63 published projects.

I am finding it hard to believe that January is nearly over. Life has rushed by so quickly and my world had become busier and craizer with each passing day. Unfortunately that had meant less time for designing and painting. I plan to change that this year.

It has been some time since I was here last but in that time I have completed some new projects that I will share in the coming weeks.
I have again been fortunate to be published in the Australian Handmade Magazine. I started submitting pieces for publication in March 2006. I was surprised today when I counted how many projects have been published by Express Publications. Between Australian Decorative Painting and Australian Handmade Magazines, including the 3 projects below it is a total of 63.

I can still remember reading the magazines and admiring the wonderful pieces within, never ever thinking that I too would feature in them one day. I have always created my own gifts, always wanting to give an original gift and one from the heart. It wasn't until my Mum suggested I should have a go, that I did.

I encourage everyone to submit their original ideas. I know there are plenty of you with wonderful fresh ideas out there. Embrace 2012! and send a copy of your work to magazines; you may be pleasantly surprised. Craft magazines, whether you are a painter or a crafter are seeking new ideas all the time.

Handmade Vol 29 No 9


 Handmade Vol 29 No 11

1 comment:

  1. There is something rather lovely about seeing your work in print... beautiful projects here Annie... and I must say 63... is very impressive:))

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.