Saturday, February 25, 2012

29 Faces - Day 25

Face 25
Wow how the time has flown :o)

Today I sketched on a canvas panel before covering with a thin coat of gesso. I sat for a few moments thinking before I decided to go with the acrylic paints. My most favourite medium.

I have recently purchased some new stamps by Ali Edwards (she is becoming on of my favourite stamp designers when it come to words) And I just had to try it. The weave on the canvas panel is quite deep and the I felt I need to crisp up the edges of the words so I went around them in a gel metalic pen. I then added a ribbon to her hair in the same pen just to balance out the picture.

"Love always wins"

3 comments:

  1. She is stunning Annie... love the contrast with the bold background... and that stamp is fabulous... love those green eyes...

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Love those luscious lips!!..and I love the phrase. I like how the hair is soft and lets your focus lie on the eyes and mouth. Excellent work =) Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so beautiful. And I love your stamp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.