Friday, February 3, 2012

29 Faces - Day 3

I am enjoying the challenge so far and hope to experiment with different mediums as I go along.

I started this morning with a sketch and decided to try out my Caran d'ache crayons that I had purchased from memory 2 years ago this afternoon. Yes they had sat in the cupboard because they cost me so much money and they just looked to good to use.

Well this year it is time to grab out all those different mediums; that I just had to buy and have a go with them.

I enjoyed my first time using the crayons and am happy with the result. I didn't use the correct paper and found it buckled but will be better prepared next time.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice and bright! If the paper buckles, add some gesso before starting, just make it very smooth, and it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gesso should do the trick - a beautiful face!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous face!!! we were just discussing today art supplies that we buy and hoard cause they are too nice to use lol in an FB group that I am in, thats too funny! Great work!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.