Friday, May 18, 2012

Sophia

Today I in the mail I received my issue of Decorative and Fine Art Magazine Vol 19 No 11. I was having a flick through in my lunch break when I happened upon page 37 and there she was; My Sophia.

66

I painted her on a 15cm x 15cm square canvas overlaid with a piece of scrap booking paper. I do enjoy painting on the smooth texture of the paper as I am able to achieve crisper fine lines and I love how you can apply a wash of colour over the background leaving the underneath design peeking through. I have embellished her with a paper butterfly wings from my large stash. ( I just love collecting butterflies and dragonfly pictures these days ) and a floral piece torn from a serviette. ( Yet another weakness of mine is collecting beautiful serviettes )

My personal challenge these days is to actually use the pieces I have collected instead of just admiring them and saying "Oh!!! they are just to pretty to use" and dashing out to purchase yet more goodies to add to my ever growing collection.

5 comments:

  1. Oh big congrats Annie... Sophia is beautiful... and love her pretty butterfly wings... how wonderful to find her peeking back at you from the magazine... I will be on the lookout for it now...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Annie!! She's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is stunning Annie!
    hugs
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! How exciting!!! Sophia is lovely!

    I do the same thing with my supplies...lol I'm trying to use things up too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.