Monday, May 28, 2012

A time to reflect.......

Do you too wonder where the years have gone?
 
I celebrated another birthday this month and I’m not too sure where the last 45 years have gone. One thing for sure it has been a rollercoaster of a ride; both good and bad. But I would not change any of it as it has been the past that has made me the person I am today for which I am very grateful for.

I did a bit of multi tasking this month and sketched during the many ad breaks in front of the TV while sitting with hubby and the cats.

This sketch is on my to do list in the near future with acrylic paint. I remember wearing piggy tales held up with bright orange baubles back in my primary school days. My lips were not as big but they suit my girl........they give her a uniqueness :o)

8 comments:

  1. She is looking marvelous!! Can't wait to see her done:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Annie... hope you had a beautiful day... and your girl is such a sweetie... I love her lush lips and pigtails... and yay for multi tasking...

    Hugs
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving such a kind comment.
    I wholeheartedly agree with you Annie, the years certainly have a way of just flying by, still, it's nice to have a birthday:) I hope you enjoyed yours.
    I love your girl, she is so sweet with her pigtails and big eyes, look forward to seeing her in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy birthday to you!
    + love this girl's piggies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday, Annie!!! I know what you mean about the years flying by. I am trying to not worry about the number...more than 45 for me now...and enjoy each and every day.

    I love your sketch! I can't wait to see more of her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely face and drawing! :) I remember those Twiggy tales too :))
    Yes, time is running faster than ever..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Annie, oh yes I remember those and I braided mine they were really long.
    Love this sketch, can't wait to see it painted. This month has flown and I feel badly I wasn't able to stop and visit a lot of blogs but I am going to follow you now so I can keep up to you.
    Take care, and thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Lesley♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOPs forgot to say the Big Happy Birthday, I just turned 50 and just coming to terms with the number. It is that, just a number.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.