Monday, June 11, 2012

Brisbane Scrapbook & Paper Expo

What a fantastic day :o)


Our "Paint with a Mate" Group headed down to the Brisbane Scrapbook and Papercraft Expo it was an early start to the day a 4am rise. Fed, dressed and out the door by 5am to pick up Shirley and on the bus by 6am, to arrive at 10am. There was a lot of giggling and chatting going on amongst our group. Remember your school days catching the bus and the naughty people up the back. Well!! yes we had those too. Yes you know who you are :o) even skipping out of the expo to go dine on South Bank. 


Not Shirley and I, there was just so much to see and there we two people in particular we wanted to meet. Jane Davenport and Tim Holtz


Exciting News!!!!
I am going away to Bali in September with Jane and 9 other creative ladies on a Escape Artist Retreat. I was able to catch up and say hello to the gorgeous Jane and her husband Angus and two of the Escapee's, Monika and Heidy. I just know we will have the most wonderful time. Jane's stall was fantastic, Wow to see and touch her journals; just amazing.....


While we were over watching a demo by Tim, Shirley and I were fortunate enough to have our photo taken with him. Well I just can't begin to tell you how excited we both were especially Shirley who just idolizes this creative man. Yes we both snuggled in tight!!!!!


You can imagine us bubbling over while filling in the daily events to my husband; he just looked at us both in a blank face trying to make out why we were so excited. In the end I put it into a different context. "Can you imagine having your photo with Tiger Woods"?
................................ He got it :o)






(Top) Me and Tim
(Below) Tim and Shirley


We had a fantastic day at Brisbane, and I enjoyed the company and friendship of the "Paint with a Mate"Group. I look forward to our next adventure together.



2 comments:

  1. You lucky girl you!!!! I'm so jealous!!! I actually think my knees would buckle...lol! Good for you girl! Btw....I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award!!!! Check out my blog, ok?
    ♥hugs♥
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun, fun day!!! I wish I could have been with you! Your trip to Bali sounds amazing too! My sister has been there and said that's it's a wonderful place.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.