Friday, September 6, 2013

Cute Little Characters Come Out To Play

Here is another Sunday inspired piece with the girls. We had come across a small ad in the Handmade Magazine, and there in the background of the ad were the blue, purple and taupe horizontal background to someone's painting.

This was our trigger, so we pulled out three similar colours and off we went. One of the girls suggested next that there had to be two people on the journal page and another suggested we had to stretch ourselves creatively by drawing them in a style other than what we had become accustom too. We gave ourselves a time limit to get our initial sketches down before we broke for our morning tea so we wouldn't procrastinate.

As I have previously shared, I love to sketch with the Tuscan Red Col-Erase pencil and do all my shading before even starting with the paint, this was my comforter or soother, I set off without to much thought and ended pleased with my outcome. Challenges are great to give you a little push.

It is not finished yet but when the mood arises I will complete it and share with you all again. Maybe some balloons or some seagulls???

 
Have a wonderful weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Annie this is delightful already but I know you will make it perfectly delightful once you feel you have finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these are so cute ... That must be so much fun to create together with your friends! Please share when you've finished it, I'm looking forward to see what more you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww they are gorgeous Annie... those sweet little expressions are just darling... can just imagine balloons or seagulls would be wonderful too...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great Annie. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. your girls are so charming, love your style! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet!!!lovely!!! Thank you for your visit to my blog. Thank you for your wonderful comments too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely too! Fabulous colors, and fabulous characters. I'd be interested in reading a book with their story (even though my kids are no longer picture book age).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quite cute! They look like they might be up to something mischievous...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I always appreciate hearing from visitors to my blog.
Hugs Annie.